eaw forum kaput?

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

eaw forum kaput?

Post by FlyRight »

seems like it anyway...or Peter! got any room left here for a new one??? if necessary maybe archive some dead projects, ect! just an idea for now!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

well,regardless of how...and why...it all began,it obviously touched some deep-seated nerve with the admins over there...
even my post merely pointing out the Gen and two other EAW forums was promptly locked :roll:
overkill!
I'll continue to post on all of them,as I can,and wherever I've something worthless to add to the conversation :lol:
when online I do check all of them.......Cheers!!
S!..........Shreck 8)
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

I got space-a-plenty for any who want to use it, but I suspect this one will blow over like the last one. Frankly I haven't got time or energy for rucks.

Any of those old forums not needed any more, let me know and I'll archive them off.

Now - two good things which have cheered me up no end - Shreckie's Rolls Royce armoured car and that double-extra-souped up and triple armed to the teeth Thunderbolt of Alan's :D :D :D
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

your right turned out to be a slight shift of the eaw earths plates, a minor crack, nothing to worry about unless you fall in...

how you doing Shreck, glad to hear your still about and as to that armed to the teeth beast (thats actually Rays P72), theres more to come just slow getting there, lots of ideas being considered for this what-if theme with him but i'm going to wait before saying more.

Except for discovering those lost hdpts that the HiRes people delete when chopping off opposite wings. All you do is copy them back in from the other wings 3dz dump text and voila!!! now you got twice as many and now copy again both wing sets back on f.3dz, guess what? you got even more and barely any Rs issues. This only works with single engine planes since the multi-engine types are already split in half and nothing more to borrow from.

I smell a Skyraider down the road, Shreck? do you still have Dean on the ropes to skin one??? i thought you teased me once with a korean pcx template started by him...
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

I smell a Skyraider down the road, Shreck? do you still have Dean on the ropes to skin one??? i thought you teased me once with a korean pcx template started by him...

well....somewhere in my 20+Gig of EAW mods and such I do indeed have the DeanH Skyraider profiles.....and a start of an HR 3DZ as well.......another of my million and one EAW projects..... :shock:
so few brain cells...so many mods left to complete!!! :lol:
S!.........Shreck 8)
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

Eric what hi-res stage were you at with the raider???
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

I was at the earliest stages,basically I was carving the initial low rez version into new pieces,and,where applicable I was manipulating other 3DZ's to more properly approxiamate the shape....not far,not anything close to what Col.G could do in a few hours! :shock:
sorry to get your hopes up!!!
S!.............Shreck 8)
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

just wondering thanks! got my hands full doing the same with a modifiied Do535 turboprop with Rottons latest 3dz handi-work. i split it in 3 pieces and understand how to glue them back but the left wing doesn't appear and crashes upon viewing ingame...

I tried everything and i'm fried at this point...Moggy??? if its possible to fixed this it'll be getting overhauled for a new look.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Sens it over and I'll have a look Shreckie
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

oooooh!!! do i smell a skyraider cooking??? and just now fiqured out what was wrong with the donier wing....
...most of the displaced anomalies i can fix but count the hardpoints using the 3-piece treatment and theres a couple left over for something else, not to mention those using new 20mm cannons!!! not those wishy-washy flat elements.

As part of the overhaul will be resizing this killer since its actual wing span was 45' not the 190d default 35', anyway, have to see what happens before that!!!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Sure Moggy,I'll figure out a way to send you the files.....but in the meantime,I think my main focus is still on TMODs,in particular,the Rolls,the staff car,the Steyr,the SDKFZ(flak lorry)...and their 3DZ problems...will send them along too...if you dont mind :wink:
looks like another killer project Al....dont let this community sh1t slow you down :!:
S!..........Shreck 8)
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

what ya kidding me, i'm married with kids so i got damn thick skin anyway :wink:

got all the donier parts in place now but looking at a rs headache, this happens to be the best panned angle and with some minor remapping those old 190d skins are recyclable too...

Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

You go dawg!!!! :lol:
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

Shreck shot you a quick Pm here...and thats all the teasers for now!
WB

transparent/translucent cockpit glass

Post by WB »

how do you make cockpit glass so that when you look from outside, you can see the pilot's head inside, etc. Is it an effect in the tra.pcx file?

I didn't see anything in the wiki about it. another question, why isn't there a link to the wiki on sandbagger's Essentials topic on SimHQ?