would you like a rewarding challenge?a new hobby perhaps?

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems.

Moderator: rotton50

Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

would you like a rewarding challenge?a new hobby perhaps?

Post by Shreck »

As posted on the SIMHQ and Frugal EAW forums

Well then,this is the thread for you!!!!
Why not become an EAW modder?
We (the SEAWC) are a tiny band of volunteers whom spend most of our off-time making new mods for EAW,we do this gratis,we do it for fun,and sometimes we do it for the challenge!
heres some of the various things I am doing......
the nearly completed KAW(Korean Air War)terrain,this mod still needs a "heigth matrix(EAW16.TM)" and many new TMODs(including placement of TMODs),not to mention some quality missions written for it......
so,Koreas "not" your thing eh?
well then,how about.............
D-Day/Operation:Overlord,very little has been done on this mod,we hope to include either flyable gliders,or perhaps transport/tow planes(or both!)and as near to proper terrain,and TMODs as we can get,again,this mod requires some quality missions as well!
so,editing historical missions isnt your "thing" either?
okay then,how about....
TMODs(EAW's term for ground objects)we have many,but NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!!!
and no-one said they have to be historically correct,or even factual!!!!
still "not your thing"?
(pissy b@stards aint ya? :D )
Okay,so in this modern time,where we have access to HR satellite images,there is NO EARTHLY REASON,that some of you might not "enjoy" making new super resolution terrains for EAW...I know I love doing it...care to join in the fun????
this is one I made today,just to post in this thread!!!!UHR Belgium!!!(for Dumo!)
well,come on,someones got to have the interest,those of you brave enough to "take a chance" will find that we are a very helpful bunch,but we could certainly use more help...
do you want to build HR aircraft? we have the masters,and they are very nice folks whom will surely lend you their experience,knowledgable and interested in EXE work?know some code?we could definately use your help too!!!!
Volunteers sign up here,and your guides will help you in your training......!
take a chance,you have nothing to lose but time!!!
S! to all...............Shreck 8)
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

so......
fellow pilots,given the chance,would you rather fly over stock EAW terrain,or something more.....realistic,like this center tile?
I ask because I have little way of knowing whether or not anyone desires this level of terrain detail(other than in the Sinai!)

S!...........Shreck 8)
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Careful with them motorways Shreckie - could end up with the Dartford bridge just like the original EAW makers!
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

And, Ahem!
Please read the glider thread, particulary Part II.
Can you help?
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

Hi Res terrains are very nice and I applaud the efforts to make them but please be careful over two issues. :

1. Scale.... satellite images are way out of scale for a 4km x 4km grid unless carefully used...

2. Modern features.... field systems, crop types ( oil seed rape for instance), motorways, roundabouts and complex intersections, modern office blocks and large car parks.... all of these and more have to be removed if we want a semblance of 1940's terrain...

cheers,

Pobs
VonBeerhofen

Post by VonBeerhofen »

Shreck,

the UHR tiles will overwrite routines necessary for online play, well that's what happens on my system anyway. Seems to me a proper warning about this has to be issued. I can't pinpoint the problem but I do see the last joined player is allways kicked back even if it's me. Offline everything seems normal except that I can't get it working without going through the armaments board. After the game I can't play anotherone without restarting EAW.
It's for this reason I decided not to release my own UHR set as people who use it may not realise what the problem is when they are kicking others from the game.

VBH