way OT/but I gotta say,it warms my heart.............

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

way OT/but I gotta say,it warms my heart.............

Post by Shreck »

I have often wondered why my friends from the UK tolerate this crap,till now :lol:
If your civic minded/pro-government views find this distasteful,sorry,but I for one think its brilliant.....keep up the good work :!:
what is shreck babbling about?
see here.... http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

The "democratic" public votes with more than its feet.

May all such mechanized human government controls meet a similar fate.
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Does my heart good to see such destruction.

I ran afoul of an automated toll machine a couple of years ago that took 7 months and about 10 letters to the state's motor vehile department to prove myself innocent. I though it was "innocent until proven guilty"?

Now I have a giant fresnel lens over the license plate that obscures to numbers when viewed past about 20 degrees off center. Apparently legal here in Virginia.
Col. Gibbon
Member of the Code Committee
Member of the Code Committee

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Oh, now you've got me on my soapbax!

The survallence society is alive and well in the UK. We now have more ways of watching people going around, doing there own business than they ever had in East Germany!

Those cameras are only the tip of the iceburg. Number Plate reading technoligy is used to scan all the cars on the road, and god forbid you forget to pay your road tax on time. The cost? loose your car, and a fine! Oh and every time your number plate is read, the information goes into a computer to keep the police informed where the car has been seen.

Some of you might have heard our Government managed to loose all the data of 25 million people [ 7 million families, including bank details ]! And these are the plonkers who want us to give them even more information and fingerprints, so we can pay to have an ID card!

We are logged, tracked, listened in to, and videoed so much in this country, it makes you feel like your living in an open prison. And why? Terroists? 9/11? nope. Because they can, and the majority of citizens in this country don't have the brains to see George Orwell writ large on everything our Government is doing. Free speach? No such thing!

See you all in the golag!

CSS

Wings Over Bytom

At home, with my 3 children, Thomas, Jessica, and Nicola. :)