Camel Issues

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Camel Issues

Post by Jel »

Trying to get the screenie of the Sopwith Camel with the Camel Corps brought up a few issues.
The camels were bigger than the plane.
I had split TMod.dat and checking both the new TMod256 and the TMods50-55 I found that their size (Model Type) was 3.
This is unusual for ground objects. In the screenie I replaced I made them all 1, and it seems to work better.
However, the EAW default value for the MGO TMods, and most other TMods is 2

Here they are 1 and more in proportion to the Camel

Do you want me to send you my files?

;)
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Camel Issues

Post by Jel »

I have made a full installation of a UAW160 working folder with just my versions of IRAQ and Dunkirk plus the TMod and Tardata utilities :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo66vhqoc ... 0.exe/file

Let me know when you have got it so that I can delete it and get back the space at Mediafire ;)

The exes in the "EAW Versions" folder include the SPAW2019 versions which have the catapult launch code.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Thanks Jel, I have that. Updated utilities especially useful. Have you done a tardata split at all?

No idea why the camels were set to type 3, or even what type 3 is. I know types 1 and 2 :)

I'm having a go at creating the only tank actually used in the Iraq campaign, the Italian built light tank CV33, which the Iraqis had.
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Jel »

I will set-up a target editor folder with the split files and upload it
The "Type" value is a size factor, and I suspect it is a power of 2 so Type 2 is 2² which is 4.
I will do a little experiment with a Type = 0, to see if 2° = 1 is used.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Thanks. The Iraq Tardata may be one of my original "hand edited by hex editor" jobs, pre your utilities. May be a few possible anomalies :)
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Jel »

There is a "IRAQ TED.zip" file in your folder.
I think that I fixed the one fault in Tardata a week or so ago :)

The "Type" setting to zero did not produce a visible object.

This was the truck with Type=2

This was the truck with Type=5

In both cases the others remained at Type=1. I think that they all need to be Type=2 even though when parked nearby the Sopwith Camel ( and probably other planes) may seem a little small.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Thanks Jel, I have that.

I was aware that "type 2" doubled the size of the mod, so it seems that increasing the type no can increase it further. I suppose the programmers did that as a short cut when they were dealing with large ground onject buildings as opposed to comparatively small aircraft.

On opening the various Habbaniya locations, not the airfields, but the "trees" locations I used to set out the trees along the roads, I get the error message "too many tmods". Does this mean simply that the location contains too many tmods for the editor to load?

How is this wretched CV bug situation affecting you? We are having to be quite careful as Krys is subject to respiratory problems. so we've been in effect "social isolating" from the off.
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Jel »

There is a 256 maximum number of TMods at each target and the editor checks that it is not exceeded.

We are staying inside as far as possible. No gigs. Flying online at GameRanger ;)
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Jel »

There is a "TED 2016-2020 V3.exe" in your folder at the FTP which should fix the problem :)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Thanks Jel. I found with the other editor all was fine if I reduced the number of tmods at the problematic locations from 256 to 255.
Jel
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Jel »

The error finder routine counts the number of rows in the TMod table and gives the warning if the maximum is exceeded.
However, I had not taken into account that the table has a header row, so I had set the wrong maximum number of rows in the original routine ;)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

:mrgreen: