Questions for Moggy....

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems.

Moderator: rotton50

Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Well,November to February,and I can do maps finally :wink: but I have learned so much more than I expected too along the route the past few months have taken me.Now height mapping :shock: and who knows what this adventure could bring :lol:
Shreck

"Never quit,never give up without a fight,do not go quietly into the dark!"
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

As with me Shreckie - never went near a hex editor before EAW.

I blame Flyright.
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

As with me Shreckie - never went near a hex editor before EAW.

I blame Flyright.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
me too!
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

I just realized the answer,had been written before,and though duly noted,read,and copied...
had not been grasped until a few minutes ago while writing an email to VonBeer......I stopped typing mid sentence,and logged on here.
and started reading and.....lo and behold...

Converting a .tm file to a bitmap

1.Using your hex editor, open the included file EAW.bmp
2.Select the first 1078 bytes (hex: 436 bytes, ie. bytes h000 to h435) and copy them to the clipboard.
3.Close the file, but not the editor.
4.Using the hex editor, open EAW.tm.
5.Paste in the saved bytes at the very beginning.
6.Save it as [whatever].bmp

The file should now open in any decent graphics program. Apply the palette tileplan.pal (PSP7 version) or tileplan.act (Adobe Photoshop version) to see (and edit) it in colours which reflect the types of tiles in use.

Converting a bitmap to a .tm file

Even easier. Just use your hex editor to remove the first 1078 bytes (in hex, bytes 0 to h435 inclusive) of the bitmap.

you had written it out already :lol:
only difference is HM not TM :lol:
the light bulb though shorting out...finally turned on! :wink:
Thanks again!
S!.....Shreck
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

hey, hey now!!! not my fault!!! i never looked at a ww2 plane before eaws release...well :roll: except for Janes which its WWII release basically suxked and literally caused me to run back to compusa and get this flight sim, so its really microproses fault. And i think they owe me a couple of tea pots by now...lost track of how many i melted on the stove, got a bad habit about forgetting boiling that water everytime i get side tracked with this sim...BTW Shreck, welcome back!!!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

and more than a month later I finally read your post FlyRight :lol:
not "back" yet,though I am much much closer to it,hopefully another month will return me to my online "family"....(maybe a phone # too Col. :wink: )anyway,still I am lost while trying to sort out all that has,or IS,changed(changing) in regards to EAW.....mindboggling :!:
on a side note,I tried to upload some items I had burned to CD,but alas,my ripway acct seems frozen,and I cant get into Roys site at all :cry:
oh well,all will sort out soon I'm sure...till then,rock on gentlemen :!:
S!.....Shreck 8)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Screckie ... waiting you back amongst us. Your ground object skills with figures, water towers, vehicles and the like needed more than ever!

I hope things have been going a bit better for you. Let us know.

See you soon.
RAF_Roy
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by RAF_Roy »

Hi Shreck!

Glad you are around, and hope are ok!

Check your pm here, I posted your ftp details for my site.

-S!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Well,look what the cat dragged in! :lol:
sorry I've been M.I.A.,still no online connection,still no "home",but I have been working steadily since my last post here(no,not on EAW,but earning a wage!)things are still grim,but slooooowwwwllly improving.
anyway,I live,thanks for the kind thoughts and words,and again,I do hope to return this year...till then,keep your nose in the wind,and an eye on your 6
best regards...................Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Shreckie,

Good to hear from you, and hope things are getting better. Sending you all good wishes!
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

yep wholeheartedly agree with Moggy there, great to hear from you Shreckie and very glad to hear that it is coming back together for you mate :)

cheers,

Pobs