Aircraft for Mogggy's Dunkirk v1.60+

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

Iron Mike
Member of the Code Committee

Re: Aircraft for Mogggy's Dunkirk v1.60+

Post by Iron Mike »

Here is the Arsenal VG-33, a low rez model than is mirrored but the shape is pretty much correct.

I have my new old Dell notebook up and running today. All of the run time files etc. loaded and .3dz et al working just finest kind. Picpac, 3dz to .bmp, now I'm cooking. I'll have to get EAW working too. Next is the rebuild of my XP box. The replacement was left outside of the house and was rained on for 8 hours. Anyway, I'm ready to test it out. It should be completely dry now. As long as there isn't any water warping on the board it should work.

Battle is next up. I have used the 3dz to bmp to help me map out the texture panels and now I'm set to paint it.

M
If all else fails, punt. Or, RUN AWAY!!!
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Did you know there is a hires VG-33 in the Mediterranean aircraft inventory?
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

No I did not. I'll take a peak...
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

:D
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Here ya go Ray, the HR VG-33.

The Battle is coming along. I will look at my photos of the one at RAF Hendon and compare the colo(u)rs.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

and, just for fun...

and

rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

1 - The B-17 model in the aircraft_inventory is an upgraded version that smooths out those nacels. In fact, ALL the models in the upgrade are better places to start your skinning projects because they have all received some kind of 3dz massage to improve their looks.

I mean, if you're going to spend a bunch of time fixing panels and such you might as well start with the best available 3dz models, no?

2 - If you'd like, I can include your new skins in the soon to be released aircraft upgrade package. It would add immensely to the variety. If so, e-mail me your finished work and I'll get them into the mix.

3 - I'm finishing up a new skin for the Sea Hornet and next I will tackle the MB 151.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

That works for me. The 17 is one of my earlier jobs. It didn't need any work other than deleting the turrets and hand held mgs.

And yes, please send me your latest. Have you had a chance to look at the Bloch MB152?

M
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Actually, I was hoping you would send me any work you've finished so I could include in the the new aircraft package.

And yes, I've started on the MB 152.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

What size and type do the files need to be ? 512 or 256 ? tsp or bmp?
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Either is fine.

I have a few BMP types in the multiskins planes and they work perfectly but most are TPC files.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

OK, I prefer the 512 RH BMP myself. I need to compile the files and send them to the ftp. I have done the bmps but I need to add the blank tpc files and correct size tpcs etc. Having a working notebook that runs XP has made this possible since my XP box is still a hard drive and a replacement computer. I found one refurbished for a good price ordered it and had it left standing in front of my garage for 8 hours in a soaking rain by FedEx. I have given it several weeks to make sure it is completely dry inside. The last thing I want is for it to short out when I plug it in. I will plug in the old hard drive and video card and then my flying box will be back up and running.

Thanks for the MB152. I have looked at the B-17F, it looks good but, the outboard nacelle is misaligned on both wings. I have tinkered a bit with it but one of the elements is out of wack enough to make aligning the bottom section a real pain. I'm afraid repainting the texture panel will not work since it is used for both motors and the inboard lines up perfectly as painted.

The outboard motor (no.4, I think) on the right wing is the offending bit. I'll tinker after I've finished Dunkirk. I need to remove the turrets and other guns for the skin.

Thanks, M
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Solved the issues with the B-17 nacelles. Just for giggles then back into the Bloch 152...

back to the Spring of 1940...
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Ray, the Bloch is coming along nicely. The rear fuselage looks good with only a few minor tweaks so far. It has taken a bit longer than I hoped. Mainly because I have crashed the planeA.3dz 3 times and lost my tweaks. The last time was a double loss. I save 2 copies each time I make a change only I didn't look the a3dz before I saved it and then the backup. Little did I know that the A3dz was wonky and corrupted both files. I was attempting to move the radio mast forward from its' current position. I'll wait on that move and let you do it. Go figure. I'll post a picture next and send my contribution back later in the week.

Cheers!
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Mike, the tail is going to be a PITA because of piggybacks. Don't worry about it. I'll fix them. I have mad skills in this area. :-)

Just do your textures and critique the general shape and send it back. It might take a couple of go 'rounds to get it where you want.

FWIW, it helps a lot when you send a screen shot with the offending areas circled.