I simply have to stop watching Youtube. (Screenshots)

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems.

Moderator: rotton50

rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

I simply have to stop watching Youtube. (Screenshots)

Post by rotton50 »

Incredible source for the what-if / paper plane aficionados...........like me:

Japanese A8V1 derivative of the two seat Seversky prototype that led to the P-35. They flew this plane during the early stages of the Sino-Japanese war.

The Italian Re2003 attack plane. Also a distant relative on the P-35, it did not make it into production but prototypes were tested

Japanese derivative of the P-66 with a tightly cowled radial engine. A few were built and flown but not put into general service because, surprise, they were prone to overheating

Japanese imported and tested the 109E but declined to license it as it didn't fit with their desire for highly maneuverable planes

A "what-if" Japanese aircraft from the late war period. Oddly, there were two completely different planes with the same designation, Ki-94-1 and Ki-94-2. The first was a pusher prop and the second had the more conventional layout

The Japanese captured and flew a number of Allied planes, some even went into combat, such as the Russian Lagg-3

As well as a dozen P-40's that were used in the defense of Rangoon

A Japanese version of the He-112

And a Ju388

The Hungarians tested the HE-112 but the license agreement fell through. They then took many design cues from it and built their own with a radial engine. However, it was quickly overshadowed by the Heja-2

The Heja-2 was yet another derivative of the P-35. For a less than successful American design the P-35 sure did get around.

Stay tuned, more odd balls to come.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I simply have to stop watching Youtube. (Screenshots)

Post by Moggy »

You just can't control yourself can you?

:rofl: