Screenshots from 20 years ago - January 2004

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems.

Moderator: rotton50

Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Screenshots from 20 years ago - January 2004

Post by Moggy »

Work on the Iraq scenario contunued.

Note we didn't yet have in place the new terrain which was being worked on by Col Gibbon.

Also in January 2004, twenty years ago, I first created "The Gen". In an email to EAW developers I said:

"Now that I have this domain thingy, I've created a new private board "The Gen" which I thought could be used for non-public discussion of the various projects under way at the moment - a place just for the developers to kick around ideas, report progress etc ..."
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Screenshots from 20 years ago - January 2004

Post by Moggy »

I note from my email archive that in January 2004, 20 years ago, Neira was working on the Carier Air War world bitmap for the central pacific and VonOben was making the tile matrix, and that we would shortly begin laying out the target locations, Col Gibbon was working on the armoured car mobile mod for Iraq, Mosi completed a Ju52 paintjob for Iraq, and Claudio Flyright and Freddy B were producing a number of aircraft revisions for the theatre. I finished and released Dunkirk 1.51, the installer package, and there was still intense work going on the Spain layout. It was a busy time.

Freddy B's Blenheims:

Col G's Iraqi armored car:

The first CAW bitmap: