Moggy's Log February 2024

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moggy's Log February 2024

Post by Moggy »

Continuing with the Italy-Balkans-Ukraine setup, I have made what seems to be good progress with sorting out the single mission selection CTD problem. My suspicion was that his was down to the limited useability of originally axis air bases on the other side of the frontline. We discovered many years ago that axis bases could be used as allied bases with an edit to certain bytes in airfield.dat.

My old notes on this ( see http://mogggy.org/tech/techairfields.htm ) suggested that "Alatriste (see his notes) believes they relate to the airbases designated as Advance Landing Grounds (ALGs). The only empirical knowledge I can add to this is that by changing often null values here to "02 09" I was able to take airfields previously located in Germany, or occupied countries and dedicated to the German side, move them to France and have them used by the Allies".

I have now simply marked all airbases in airfield.dat in this way, and it seems the problem has disappeared apart from a couple of odd situations where an Allied slot will launch if the FM planes.dat designates it a "British" plane as opposed to an "American" plane, and sometimes vice versa.
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Moggy's Log February 2024

Post by rotton50 »

Wouldn't take much to adjust all the plane.dat files to make them Brit / American.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moggy's Log February 2024

Post by Moggy »

The odd thing is, sometimes it doesn't work if you give the FM dual nationality. Does work if it's one or the other. The workaround I have adopted is to have a pair of FMs, one British, one American, and use the one that works in a particular setup.