Screenshots from 20 years ago - April/May 2004

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems.

Moderator: rotton50

Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Screenshots from 20 years ago - April/May 2004

Post by Moggy »

The Gen opened up - the public board was now visible to all net users.

A number of private working groups were created to assist modders working on the various new theatres including China, Eastern Front, Korea, Midway, Carrier Air War etc. The intention to funnel the energies involved in EAW and concentrate them to one place. As one prominent modder emailed me at the time, "the e-mail traffic that a project causes is very confusing and often not too well manageable, while a forum-style discussion is more organized. However, that's hardly possible at a "public" forum, as people's attention is very quickly focused off-topic".

We were getting the Midway aircraft upgrade package sorted. Captain Kurt had worked on various Kates and Vals and these were put together with his other upgrades since the original release, and with Claudio's cockpits, and any upgrades I did, to create a new "Midway Air Groups" package.

Captain Kurt's Midway Island based B17E

Meanwhile Mr.Jelly was working on a refinement DOM's original "NightPatch" exe, a utility which could patch existing EAW versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.2a, enabling more missions to be flown after dark.

RedEyes created a Gloster Metor skin (based on Charles Gunst's original model) for his Palestine/Israel 1947 mod:

"I've banged together an Arab-Israeli conflict thingie, circa 1948 -1955. Already done Spit 9 v. Spit 9 and Meteor v. Meteor. Pretty wild actually. I need to clean up the skins and add a bunch."