Something for Cuba Air War?

Discuss EAW and find answers to problems. Discuss any related WWII topics

Moderator: rotton50

Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something for Cuba Air War?

Post by Moggy »

Shreck/Flyright - might you need a section for the Cuba project?
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Sir Moggy :) I have only provided a small mod,this would be FlyRights baby :wink: However,I will assist in any way I can . 8)
Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Okay Shreck.

Very nice map by the way. :wink:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Thank you Sir :) I leaned quite a bit making the first KAW map,and used what I learned on this one,which taught me a few new things that I have used on the new KAW map,which is just a more refined version of the first KAW map,they both are still using the same orientation.
A question for you,can the default direction,be universally altered in the EAW world? RE: North to the right,west up,etc.In regards to the compass settings shown in game,would this require an exe alteration,or a file manipulation?
Thanks for sharing your insight!
S!....Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

Hi Shreck, before you do anything else with this map, because of the dynamics of the conflict even played in single mission mode, it has to be shifted to the east showing more of the central american pennisula. Since all of the invasion ac flew from bases located in Nicaragua/Quatemala and retreated back to. No rush and sorry if this creates a problem anywhere but better nip it in the bud now....

ITM can anybody convert some ra files to smacker...i have this great Che Guevara propoganda video played to a famous revolutionary tune and some combat footage as well as some short clips of post liberation marches...no rush there either, just in case somebody has some spare time this year, thats not too pushy is it???

I'll eventually post a synopsis of the setup here, Moggy! so theres no need to creat a work station at this time since i'm so far from doing anything more because I have to skin at least a couple dozen new camos alone just to cubanize the existing eaw ac. Plus i'm missing a few shapes that are korean dependent...that should give anybody a vague timeframe for this setup but i do have some great cuban sound bites for the music folder as well as a work in progress musicpak for the randplayer, seems i can't get enough of those licks from the malaquen~a :wink:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Hi Shreck, before you do anything else with this map, because of the dynamics of the conflict even played in single mission mode, it has to be shifted to the east showing more of the central american pennisula. Since all of the invasion ac flew from bases located in Nicaragua/Quatemala and retreated back to. No rush and sorry if this creates a problem anywhere but better nip it in the bud now....

Not a problem,I was just testing myself with this creation,a "proving ground"if you will,and I've not put any more energy to it....BTW,isnt this the"Bermuda triangle"?
anyway,moving the works to the west is simple,the HM isnt as simple,but I'm getting there(installing Photoshop tonight-better .raw control)
I have been focused on the Korean peninsula (tm and hm)and taking vacations with the Spahi cavalry and the Aleutians...
so much to do...you might yet see me eat crow over the time frame I established and defended on simhq :roll: ,even with excellent tools,world building is.....is........its all there! :wink:
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

cool because i was late in seeing any of this mentioned and i did mean a westward outline ruffed like this...

...actually after relooking at that socker-war link you sent me, if the rest of Salvador was also included one could consider a patched addon for that other little bushwar against its Honduras neighbor? :idea:

Other than that, plenty of ocean left over for a carrier task force that was monitoring the Bay of Pigs too, hint! hint! maybe room for some navalized Furys pitted against MiG-15 trainers had the stops been pull to assist the landing forces...this setup has a few what-if potentials built-in too :wink:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

FlyRight,
I have continued to play with the "new" map that I sent you,I have successfully created proper TM's now too!
So,you should have the completed version soon!(maybe with a new terrain,maybe not)
currently experimenting with VonB's rotating 3dz trick to try and realize a better visual of hoof-stock motion,instead of the limited animation of sprites and the requirement of using the FXexe v.5.0...I have never found complete satisfaction with the cavalry sprites,mostly due to their being undersized..
stay tuned,much more coming soon!
Shreck
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

sounds good except for this Fxexe??? what does this exe affect because now i'll have to take a look at its offsets before you think about implementing it otherwise the default version is just fine...since this theme has to simulate the limited craft protrayed in the affair or its a pointless setup. it may be the one setup where you could possibly see maybe a half a dozen different skins flying at the same time (thats a teaser BTW) if i can't duplicate editing Doms notes for formations with it then i have to use the default v1.2...the problem usually with any altered exes the offsets shift so much :? nothings where its supposed to be afterwards...

BTW i have confirmation there were a total of 3 USN carriers present...2 CVS types in the vicinity of the invasion. those had strickly ASW or anti-submarine squadrons on board accompanied with a half a dozen DD plus now the USS Independence, an attack carrier out of harms way south of Guantonamo Bay. One would now have to wonder why there was this ASW task force needed (do we have a sub Tmod, thought i saw vonBeerhofen post something once)...maybe simulate some soviet Z class types??? as the "what-if" target plot thickens :wink:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

FlyRight,
Check out the latest answer to the "battle of America" thread on simhq :wink: looks like more than one person is thinking in a more "latin vein"
the FX exe cavalry was intended for Habbinaya,but I am not satisfied with their "in-game" look,as they are too damn small...
but if Moggy likes them(whenever I work up the nerve to send 'em)as is,fine!
but I still want to try it with the rotating 3dz'd TMOD....
either way,it should have "0" bearing on KAW,BoP/Missile crisis/soccer wars,or for that matter the Aleutians that I continue to toy with...
however,I have been really busy with some other little things as well(jeez,its never ending! :shock: )
never fear,we have submarines now too!
stay tuned...more coming soon!
S!.....Shreck
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

saw that post, only if he makes the working campaign first...
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

OT with apologies

Post by Moggy »

the FX exe cavalry was intended for Habbinaya,but I am not satisfied with their "in-game" look,as they are too damn small...
but if Moggy likes them(whenever I work up the nerve to send 'em)as is,fine!

Doing quite a bit of work on Iraq version of ME world at the moment Shreck, so anything you have would be welcome.

I'm actually looking to substitute cavalry etc for vehicles so that the mounted troops turn up as targets for interdiction attacks if possible.
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Moggy,
I'm actually looking to substitute cavalry etc for vehicles so that the mounted troops turn up as targets for interdiction attacks if possible.

Well,its sounds as if my 3dz cavalry idea would be a much better bet,as I dont know of anyway to substitute sprites for a target(do you?)
I can send you whats done,but as told,they are tiny little horse and riders...great for a Middle earth/hobbit scenario,but a bit small for our needs :roll:
so,I should proceed with great haste to complete the 3dz alternative to the sprite cavalry?
Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Shreckie - I take what I can get and am grateful for it!
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

stopped by here after a long while and noticed this thread seems to be as of 10/03 monday morning, in the top 4 (almost neck n'neck with Shrecks babe thread) viewed subjects excluding the sticky of course...which i find as a funny observation or is that just me??? since nobodys even working on it :roll: