New aircraft for AITW

To upgrade the aircraft and other objects in DOM's masterpeice and create a self-install version
FreddyB

Post by FreddyB »

We have HR DB-III bombers too :wink:
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Thanks for reminding me about that Freddy. There are a couple of unused slots in AITW, so I thought we could bring in the French bombers from Dunkirk. What I had in mind was putting the Bre693 into the B26 slot previously occupied by the Amiot 354, and putting the Amiot and the LeO451 into the B24 and B17 slots. The Douglas would be a good alternative for the Bre693 in the B26 slot.

What do you think?
FreddyB

Post by FreddyB »

Hard to tell. I don't know which of these aircrafts were the more involved into the 1940 fights. I think the Bre693 can't be sacrified.
If I had to choose the one to remove, It would be the Amiot, even if it's one of my babies (oups ! you did the 3dz :? )

Another option, Blenheim IV of the 136 sq (I skinned this one too... :twisted: ) - Good for tactical bombing missions, errrr... suicide missions....

Other idea : Belgian Fiat Cr-42 (27 aircrafts in service)
skinning should not be too hard (Belgian roundels over Italian-like camo)

I will send you profiles for anyone interested
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Yes, I rather like the Bre693, and will keep it in the main AITW operational B26 slot. By the way found this picture the other day - stunner!

I think you are probably right that the Amiot should go in favour of the Douglas. I think there were more operational Bostons, and just a very few Amiot 354s

I like the idea of the Belgian CR-42. I'll have a think about how we could get it in.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

There's always Karel's MB200 as well -

I wish we had the Farman too!