Belgian CR42

To upgrade the aircraft and other objects in DOM's masterpeice and create a self-install version
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

still fighting the cavalry...... :twisted: .......soon hopefully! In the mean time,heres a pic of the "PSP Mock-up" I spoke of on SimHQ...I bet Pisis will do an admirable job!
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Schreckie - figuring how to move that post to the AITW board :mrgreen:

Looking rather nice. Hold it in reserve!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Most cool Sir Moggy! thanks for the compliment!the CR-42 was rather quickly painted using PSP in about 30 minutes,when I see something I like the look of I race to get a working prototype to the game,free camera look it over,take reference screenshots,then I file the whole thing away for completion another time....In fact my "Art and Science"folder :lol: in my docs where all of the latest work is stored currently has 13,358 files in 1,536 folders weighing in at a scant 1.7Gig :shock: thank god for modern high-capacity HD's...and cheap cd-r's :lol: If you need anything else for this upgrade,let me know and I'll see what I can do!.....now off to fight the cavalry a little more~! :twisted: S!...Shreck
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

I have continued to skin(as a diversion from other things)the CR-42's,yes CR-42's,I have two versions of the Belgian CR-42 under works now,both are of the "speckled camo" variety,with slightly different markings,but both historically as accurate as the pcx will allow...hope to finish in the next few weeks...hopefully one may be of use for this upgrade....will post pics when completed! S!...Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Many thanks Shreck. Contributions from right left and centre for the new AITW. A real tribute to DOM's original masterpeice.
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

still not done.....some warping issues(not nearly as bad as the Skyraider though)...but heres what one of them looks like now.....S!.....Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Shreckie,

Getting better and better. Soon as poss I'm looking at the current Gladiator model to see if I can sort the warping issues, and will have a look at the CR42.

Of course we really need new models for both these aircraft, so important in the Med/Desert/MidEast area. But biplane models are very hard work - as I can verify from my experiences with the Swordfish.
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Understood,I cant imagine how many hours Karel put into these birds :shock: ,I have to properly finish the flaps,and the rudder is sorely out of whack,also the "mirrored"tail plane is offset :?: and just a bunch of minor annoyances.......but IT IS progressing...as is the cavalry,hope to have a final version within the week,and your Uncles Lanc is nearly done as well(courtesy of AJ and shrecks orphanage)lots of things happening at the same time!...at least I'm no longer suffering PC burnout! S!...Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Karel, god bless him, seems to have a perticular knack for the biplanes as evidenced by all those he turned out for the Iraq theatre.

I'm still struggling with a RS problem in Col Gibbon's rather wonderful new hi-res Ju88. Thought I had it at one stage, but unfortunately not. Happlily not not a fatal problem by any means, so if we have to we can work round it.
Pisis

Post by Pisis »

Hello, very good looking CR-42, Shreck!

Again the same stupid question for Moggy :lol: What's the deadline? :oops:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Well thanks Pisis :D ,not trying to "steal your thunder" but the bird excited me when Moggy posted that profile at Simhq...so I just keep pecking away at it,almost done too..the cavalry has been somewhat of a nightmare,but I'm much closer to completion on that too...I havent a clue when all of this needs to be done by...hopefully I'll have it done in time...how about your projects?any progress? post some screenies? :lol: Cheers buddy! S!...Shreck

now if I could just get excited about finishing that bare-metal HR B-24 that I've been working on for the last four months :roll:
Pisis

Post by Pisis »

Well, I'm quite glad you "stole" me the Cr-42 as won't be able to finish them both, along with the Belgian Gladiator. Three days ago I returned from Israel (what a trip!!! :shock: ) and currently I gotta work on a fuckin school project, but still some spare time for EAW, you know... :wink:

As to the Gladi, it is far away from done, I overall worked on it for some only 1 hour or so...

And my latest project done:

S! :)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

I have to do that "unwarping" ASAP.

Nice Fairey Battle screen!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

WOW :shock: for an hours worth of work thats quite something dude!I have about 15 hours into the CR-42,estimate another 3-5 hours left...like everything else,when I think I'm done...I find something else needing attention,and always the same response too....what in the hell?how did I miss that? :D S!.....Shreck
Lolo Kramp
Aircrafthand
Aircrafthand

Post by Lolo Kramp »

Hi everybody

After nearly one week of fighting to find a **** photos web site that work with the Gen :roll: , I found one, so here is some kind of material you should appreciate for your skinning effort :wink: .

:arrow: Worth of note is the Fiat CR42 from the Major Lamarche with the 2 red and white "cocottes" from both escadrilles.

Lolo

Last edited by Lolo Kramp on Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.