Basic aims of the project

To upgrade the aircraft and other objects in DOM's masterpeice and create a self-install version
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Basic aims of the project

Post by Moggy »

The aim is to provide DOM's wonderful "Attack in the West" in a form that can be downloaded and installed without fuss by means of an installer file. Having seen how easy installshield package for Dunkirk can work for users, I have already carried out an experiment to see if the complex installation of AITW can be dealt with in the same way. I made a provisional AITW installer using the last and most up to date of DOM's files including the overall AITW manager and it installs perfectly with a few clicks. Accordingly an installer version of AITW as it stands could be made available at short order.

However, what I would like to do, time permitting, is provide an improved aircraft package, even perhaps some aircraft which were not included in the original. I am thinking for example of the French bombers - LeO451, and Amiot 354 which were included in the Dunkirk package, but had no original models in AITW.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

The second beta installer upgrade was released on 1st June 2006 and contains these new additions:

a number of hi-res aircraft in the Bf109, Bf110, Ju87, D520, MS406 (GC III/1 position only at the moment), Hawk 75, Belgian Hurricane slots ...

full French speech pack ...

French LeO451 and Bre693 and Luftwaffe Ju52 available for single mission setups ...

alternative installation for the RAF Defiant career ...

ability to install AITW in any folder ...