Possible Add-In to many scenarios--Skymanager

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Wudpecker

Possible Add-In to many scenarios--Skymanager

Post by Wudpecker »

While reading through Dancho's post, "Calling von.B--A job for a wizard" on SimHQ, I recalled a program I once downloaded as part of my initial EAW frenzy.

Skymanager is a little GUI that incorporates many different sky and weather files.

It might be a useful add-in to give more variety to "Sighted Main Body" as well as other campaigns, including CAW where I will also post this.

Standard flights to and from the same place bore players fast (as NachtJager proves with its special emphasis on a new experiece), so this might give some extra interest if it could be easily used.

I've uploaded it to the lockbox under "MISC" files

--Wudpecker
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Think you're right Wudy, the sky manager programme is not used so much as it ought to be with all the wonderful new sky files we now have. Really needs someone to set up a pckage for SM with the best of the new sky files.
Wudpecker

Will check

Post by Wudpecker »

I'll see if I can do anything with this. Like the tin woodsman in "Wizard of Oz", I oiled my creaky DOS skills and set up some automatic macros for my non-computer literate sister to see the Midway mods.
I suppose I'll have to investigate Visual Basic or some such and drag myself into this modern, "breathing" world.
:shock:
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Do it!

I had to figure QBasic to do the Dunkirk manager - I'd only ever done simple batch files before that!
thetonester

Post by thetonester »

'Standard flights to and from the same place bore players fast (as NachtJager proves with its special emphasis on a new experiece)'

Umm....could you please clarify to me what you mean by this?

Do you mean Nachtjager is boring?

Or Nachtjager is an escape from the boredom of repetitive flights over the same old targets?

Curious to see EXACTLY what this remark means...........awaiting your reply..........T