HR Wake island for EAW,an alpha debut

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

HR Wake island for EAW,an alpha debut

Post by Shreck »

This wasnt done by manipulating satellite imagery,this was hand colorized from a photo-mosaic of the island done during 3 December 1941 :shock: .....I have many,many, things to touch up on this,but I figured you might be curious as to its current status.........
were getting the tm very close to being "ready-to-go".....stay tuned,more coming soon :wink:
S!....Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Shreck - it's looking great already. How many tiles does this one use?
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Wakes the biggest of the bunch so far,using 11 tiles :shock: I could shrink it,but its much closer to scale in this configuration,plus it adds a LOT of possibilities for missions :lol:
BTW,have you found anything on Morrel and/or Murel islands?everything else is underway,some very near to final,figured I should get it done while I'm still......employmentally challenged :wink:
never know when employment opportunity will come knocking,and halve or quarter(or worse) my modding time.... 8)
S!....Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

11 tiles is fine - we have enough tiles overall, even if we do have to use some "waterless" ones.

Understand about EAW and employment. Certainly a pain when real life gets in the way of modding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still got nothing about Maurelle Island - my big old 1920 Times Atlas of the world shows it as a three island group, arranged like an inverted equilateral triangle, with the main and largest island in the top right position, much smaller islands in the other two positions. We may have to use our imagination if nothing turns up.
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

**Wake Island on crash diet**
Now down to seven tiles......
after extensive testing,the existing mathmatical formula for tile size.....as compared to stock TMODs....seems......off! at least in the "look" of the Wake Island....so I shrunk it a couple of times and have settled on this as the most satisfying size as compared to the other atolls and Islands created so far(incorporating your stock Midway TTDdat and Tardat)...so we are doing fine on tiles....well,relatively speaking :wink:
more coming,stay tuned....... :lol:
S!......Shreck