Which are the latest plane files at the repository?

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
thetonester

Which are the latest plane files at the repository?

Post by thetonester »

Hey guys.....downloaded the different plane sets for the updated midway but am confused....it would appear that each folder has files that overwrite others....which ones do i use......i assumed that you just unzip each one into a seperate midway campaign install....but they are trying to overwrite each other so which ones do i use?
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

What you have firstly are Air Groups for the three US carriers - Enterprise, Yorktown, and Hornet. These each consist of Wildcats, Devastators, and Dauntless'. You can of course only use one of these Air Groups at a time in your Midway setup - each US carrier Air Group replaces the last.

You then have replacements for some but not all of the aircraft based on Midway Island. There are replacements for the Navy PBYs and Avengers, and the Marine Buffalos, Wildcats, and Dauntless'. No multiple choices for those, just drop them into your Midway setup.

Each of these aircraft has a improved 3dz model and skin, and is equipped with Claudio's cockpits where appropriate.

In a separate package is the new hi-res replacement for the USAAC B17E also based on Midway. We hoping to have a new skin for this model based on the B17 shown on the John Ford Midway footage. Meanwhile the new model is there with right and left wing prop control, proper take off ability, and Pobs' bomb sight.

Please take these new aircraft up using the new FMs supllied in the other zip file and let us have any comments.

Kurt is working on the Zeros, and when they are finally they will put together with his new Kate and Val models to form Air Groups for the Japanese carriers. But you will only beable to fly one of these at a time.

Finally, Kurt may be able to get to the remaining Midway Island aircraft the Vindicator, and if we are really lucky, the B26.
thetonester

Post by thetonester »

Thanx moggy.......will suss it out...PS...did you get my mail RE-tardata?
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Yes. Only given it quick read at the moment, but agree absoloutely that is the way to go. Send you a better reply leter.