Shreckie-Woodpecker Islands, atolls, shoals PICS

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Wudpecker

Shreckie-Woodpecker Islands, atolls, shoals PICS

Post by Wudpecker »

Looks like all are done except Wake Island.
Are we using that?
Will add if so.

On the the way to Shreck's for checking.
Moggy: they can be downloaded in about eight hours on Tues. 26th July at Wudpecker@gmail.com
Screen name: Wudpecker
Password: Wudpecker

Treat it as you would any email and click on the " Shreck-Wudpecker Midway files to get a download screen.

Question---should I add skies as in my "Weather mods"?

Shreck did 50 (not counting Wake Island) satellite photo retouches.
50x4=200 retouches for me. I'm actually lying for both of us, since half of them are LR tile files.

The new tiles in four colors (two very dark as requested by poll on SimHQ and two medium for my sanity---turn down your brightness, fellas and gals! Found why most people consider my seas too light :roll: )

Some examples:

The original island (one of two) in 1944, courtesy of Herr Shreck. Considerable development took place since 1942, the Battle of Midway.

Dark Green

Blue-Green

Medium Blue. This is NOT Midway, but another of the islands/shoals

Dark Blue

One of the larger atolls

Byer Rock
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Looking good WoodyImage
yes,AFAIK,and because I did the tm,yes Wake will be there(unless VonB nuked it LOL)
so get to painting man :lol:
S!........ShreckImage
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

Okay, Erik. Use the same Gmail addy as above for your own download.
The first set is up, the the rest should be done in about an hour.

Will begin another slavery session :cry: on Wake Island, the toughest of the bunch. Whine, whine.

Boy, if they only knew what we go through for our flight simmers. (They probably don't notice---unless something is wrong :roll:

But this undoubtedly is the most authentic mid-Pacific Ocean terrain of ANY flight sim, thanks to your satellite acumen
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

I've DL'd my set Woody,thanks!
I WILL get that terrain patch for Midway2 done and uploaded soon...I have been a bit distracted....what with re-doing KAW for the hundredth time...that, and the new 3DZ studio has me knee deep in RS :shock:
but good things are coming from it.....just ask Ade :wink:
S!......Shreck 8)
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

You busy little rascal, Erik. Good luck on KAW to you and Ade Kelly. Sounds like a fruitful combo.

Would you send me your "view" file on the Midway set? I can't view Wake Island in the usual way by renaming tiles (too many tiles), so I don't know if the joins are off or no.
Wallacewood13 (at) aol.com
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

No :lol:
but I will upload it to Roys and post a link here in a couple of minutes :wink:
good 'nuff?
S!......Shreck 8)
BTW,busy?you dont know the half of it(LOL)had grandson over till yesterday 'noon,only got to mod whilst he snoozed,which isnt often at grandpa's,I have half a dozen 3DZ projects,3 terrains,one tm patch,uncounted partial skins,and penning my most important work for a tiny audience..."a complete idiots guide to 3DZ editing" :shock:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

here ya go Woody http://www.raf-roy.com/share/shreck/G-SmlWake.zip
dont forget to give all the tiles their proper names after you do your enhancements(prior to uploading 'natch :wink: )
S!........Shreck 8)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Chaps,

New terrain looks very good indeed Wudy :yes:

Now I have jelly's new terrain editor, doing the Midway target files should be a lot easier.

Just doing a quick and rough run through the ME world with it so that I can get out another Iraq beta, then I'm on to Midway2