WHAT"S UP this July? (Screen shots)

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Wudpecker

WHAT"S UP this July? (Screen shots)

Post by Wudpecker »

While I was stuck for awhile on water/terrain mods for CAW, I went back to Midway aircraft.
Now with the news Capt. Kurt is taking time off for his son's project, I had better let you know what I've been doing in case it's of some use.

I'm no skinner, but here are some mods--two sets of Zeroes (one shown here) to see how close I could get to the "real" color:

And a VERY Nice PB-Y in closer Navy blue tones (Check my look "inside" the back window)

The ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS FINE SKIN is the INSTRUMENT NEEDLES are out of place. Have no idea--maybe someone can fix? PLUS the FLIGHT DATA needs fixing (manual takeoff won't get enough speed to work--but autopilot does fine)

SO---NEED ANY AIRCRAFT RE-COLORED AND TOUCHED UP?

--Wudpecker
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

The needles out of place on the panel is down to having the correct vcg.dat file. When I get to arranging the Midway upgrade package I'll be looking to sort out any problems like that.

The only skins it strikes me we might need an alternative is the new HiRes B17. Kurt has done the red/white tail stripe version, but I'd like to have one in the plainer three colour camo seen in the famous Midway documentary in the take off scene.

Certainly any mods/alternative skins you have or are doing I'd like to have to consider putting them in the upgrade package as alternatives.
Captain Kurt

Post by Captain Kurt »

Red and white tail? I don't know which skin you have Peter, but it's not mine. Probably got some files mixed or something.

Just in case, I am mailing the skin I did to you again.

Cheers

Captain Kurt
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Kurt,

Roger!

Check that out when I get home.
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

Hmmm. So the B-17 IS a mystery aircraft.

Will see what I can do about a green camo--though I see Kurt may be mailing you one.

Be glad to send along any mods I do as alternates.
PLEASE let me know what you think about colors.

Trying to match the "standard" Jap color has been, well, not easy. I assume it has a somewhat aluminum look from videos I've seen. Comparing photo of actual restoration (you saw the SimHQ posts) with skin colors is very dicey, as EAW has its own limited pallette as you know.

BTW--- Dropped in new Flt.dat and the PBY now takes off fine manually.

For awhile, Rebel Flight disappeared and all B-17's went to target. Wish I knew how that happened! Suspect Flt.dat

IMPORTANT PLEASE USE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WallaceWood13@aol.com

I'm not supposed to be using the old one--just lucky I checked emails.