Installer version of Midway now available

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Installer version of Midway now available

Post by Moggy »

I've made an 80MB installer version of Midway as it currently stands, including all the various released improvements and upgrades (including some hi-res aircraft) and you can download it HERE

You make a new install of EAW and just tell the installer to install into that new EAW folder.

Run it by clicking on the included executable Midway12a.exe

If you want the multi-mainscreen option, run it instead from mainscr.bat in the Screens subfolder.

In the various subfolders are the skins for the different air groups for the US and Japanese carriers, and Wudy's alternative terrain setups.

In the subfolders under the savedata are the two sets of historical missions for US and Japanese forces for the three days of the battle. These are loaded from the EAW single mission screen.

I'd be glad of any comments and reports of any problems with the installer file.

Moggy DCM
Col. Gibbon
Member of the Code Committee

Post by Col. Gibbon »

Brilliant Moggy, and all in one easy download. :)

I'm really starting to hate all those split downloads on Tally-Ho. :(

CSS

Wings Over Bytom

At home, with my 3 children, Thomas, Jessica, and Nicola. :)
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

I take the view that most gamers are on broadband now, and at 2MB this is 10-15 minute download. The lucky sods who are nearer to the telephone exchange and can get 8 MB this a five minute download.

Just wanted to get the present status of Midway sorted and clear. so sometime soon I can think about the serious upgrade of the theatre using Wudy's and Shreckie's stuff done last year.

Whilst we're on the subject, and I know I'm to regret this :D , what is the current status of the hi-res Zero .... is it waiting for more RS work or anything of the like ..... ?

If at any time in the future you had some hi-res upgrading time spare (ha ha - I know!) would be nice to get the Dauntless done (Devastator and Avenger can wait)

Got some EAW stuff done yesterday and boding well for getting the RS clinic backlog sorted sometime soon. :lol:
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Moggy,

A little late to the party I know but I wanted to let you know there's a HR F6F on my page at Talley-Ho. One for the P47C and one for the P-47D slots.

I had the SBD on the "long list" of LR to HR upgrades. I could push it up some after I finish the UHR P-51D
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

Surely Moggy has taken notice of Iron Mike's 24-bit "Zeke" done especially for Midway.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost2615360
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Domo Wud-san.
If all else fails, punt. Or, RUN AWAY!!!