New Water/Land Mods and DOS .BAT files

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Wudpecker

New Water/Land Mods and DOS .BAT files

Post by Wudpecker »

Many new choices of water/land colors have been uploaded to the FTB lockbox.
(Pictures below)

They are in the ZIPS 1-GO-Game and ALL GAME MODS.

The DOS batch files are in GO-Game. They offer a simplified way of dealing with mods.

They will work with XP or other Windows. While OAW does much the same thing, this is an easy way for the average user to do changes without a large download. It would be nice to have a menu, but one thing at a time.

Drop both folders into EAW. You can change the GO-Game names to suit yourself---but DO NOT change the names of the ALL-GAME-MODS folder because the batch files depend on it.

With a couple of clicks in GO-GAME, you can change mods and start the game.
(Some batch files don't work--like the EXE file, partly because an upload of exe files would be huge)

MOGGY will immediately understand you can get the mods down to one click---but I left the "PAUSE" in so you can see that the batch file works correctly. If you want more details, add another PAUSE in the batch file (be sure and save it as "All Files" and not ".TXT")

As for the Water/land colors there are many small cleanups in an effort to reduce "join" problems. But there are some new types of water, not just a change in colors. Some slick and some kinda ugly.

There should be at least one you like!

I'm still struggling to make them "perfect", and may send some water files onward if I succeed.

--Wudpecker

1. ULTRA-MARINE

2. BLUE ANGEL (In honor of Marlene Dietrich)

3. CAMO BLUE (Mix of blue-green "sorta" matching aircraft camouflage)

4. Dark Green
Last edited by Wudpecker on Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Good timing Woody, within the next couple of weeks I'm looking to take time out of the Middle East world to finalise the Midway upgrade, and will be looking to have your terrains as a loadable alternative. Many thanks :yes:
Wudpecker

Asking for Input

Post by Wudpecker »

Any feedback and criticisms would be appreciated.

I am not totally satisfied.

Once in flight, things look very different.

But somehow I did feel a pressure to send what I had to Moggy.

Not all are suitable.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

I'll have a look soonest. From what I see above, there is a good choice.
Wudpecker

Corrections coming

Post by Wudpecker »

Some corrections will be up at the FTP lockbox shortly. You can probably discard the last set.

Tuning up my rusty DOS batch file skills.
If you find these useful, please help me out a bit.
At the least, they will make it quick for you to check out the different new land/water mods.

Choose the best from among them to include in the new update.

Having trouble with the "menu" for choosing EXE's--designed for XP users, but handy for anyone.

Check it in the files and see if you have some ideas. (It needs to sort the input from the directory into a list for the user to choose from. There are ways to do this. I'm trying to find the best that will work on XP as well as other DOS versions.)

It would be nice if it would respond to mouse clicks (everyone does it by mouse). I downloaded a nice small DOS mouse program (about 300k) we could include.