Von Beerhofen's waves and water

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Wudpecker

Von Beerhofen's waves and water

Post by Wudpecker »

That old wizard, Von B., has created moving waves.

Very promising uses: at sea; as ship's "wakes" as though they were moving, and shore breaks on the island.

By adding some light-colored marks on the "water" tiles, the moving wave will appear to leave a "wash" behind.

Problem: they need to be placed precisely on the island tiles, water tiles, and attached with "hard points" to ships' bows. All beyond present capabilities of mine.

VonB has explained they are shadow files on TMOD**s ground objects using the prop rotation sequence. As long as a rotating prop is around, the waves will appear.

With new land-able carriers by POBS and Von B, this should be a knockout if they can be included.

And MOGGY--does that transparency you added to the .EXE include ground object files?
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Woody - all sounds very promising.

The transparency I moved around for the B17 only related to aircraft slots. Haven't tried anything of the like for ground objects yet.
Wudpecker

How to Do It

Post by Wudpecker »

Yes, Moggy. Very promising.

Still crude at this point, but good enough to add some interest.

What's the status of carriers and other watercraft? Should I try to contact Pobs?
I'm willing to try some wakes on ships if I have some specific directions (like where to find them and how to "hard point" them--I have read some background from Gunst, etc., and yourself). Pobs may help me.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Over to Pobs on that one. I know he's still busy on Spain. We do have the first version of the US carrier.