CAW 1944 overall plan - who's done what and is doing what

A Project to model the 1944 Carrier air battles of the Pacific
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Howdy Sirs,While I am involved in the long-haul that is to be the"Korean Air War" mod for EAW,there are many aspects of CAW that will have a direct bearing on the future KAW....namely Carriers(UN forces only)and the use of sea-borne aircraft in over-land engagements,however,I have joined this team to lend a hand in ANY aspect that you gents can use my assistance in......thats ANY. :wink:
I am fully prepared to do whatever the CAW team needs my help in doing....
and I do hope I can be of assistance. :)
In the meantime I have a few minor loose ends to tie up for the impending Habbinaya mod,but anticipate that i'll finished by the end of this month(finally eh? :wink: )
S!......Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Schreckie - welcome aboard. As you can see from the files available, a great deal has been done on this project. Kurt has done virtually all the aircraft, the terrain and map have been done, and the base locations laid out. Needs local base location layout, campaign files, and screens.

Much work has been done on the all important carriers, but our ground crew are currently involved in other projects, Spain etc, I've been working the middle East and other stuff, but some time in the near future hoping to pick up this project and get it finished.
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

Hi Shreckie,

yep, I too hope to be active again on this one pretty soon, SAW is moving along fast and should be ready pretty soon...

cheers,

Pobs
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Thank you Sir Moggy :D I am nearly satisfied with my animation of the cavalry sprites,luckily some fluid stop-motion movement is occuring,still trying to iron out a few"moving-away-from"views that I'm not thrilled with,but I am motivated to finish it...so it will be done and uploaded this month...then I shall add what I can to get this mod finalized....Good times :lol:

Excellent news Sir Pobs :D As soon as I put the final polish on the cavalry sprites I'll be able to focus a bit of attention here too,and lend a hand doing whatever is necessary to get this mod completed :wink: BTW,that was a great cityscape screenshot of SAW you displayed on simhq,You have really done something special with that mod.Looking forward to it!
S!....Shreck
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
RAF_Roy
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by RAF_Roy »

Hi all,

Welcome Shreck - I am sure this poject will build up steam after a few others get finished as mentioned.
I agree that the KAW and Vietnam is closely matched to CAW since the Carrier issues are so relevent and the Theatre are somewhat similar.

I'd like to ask You and Moggy to admit me to the Shreck area as I am curious to see more of both the campaigns.
Maybe at some point I can add a bit of help, but am currently a bit busy myself on a few things.
But I'd like to do some exploring of a few areas, and possibly some reporting for my EAW News.

Thanks!
-S!
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

:shock: Well of course Roy!Come on in! :D We are just getting started,so its a ground floor opportunity :wink:
I'll email Moggy and request it personally!
We'll be see'in ya!
Shreck
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Done!