Ships coming to EAW - Time ripening for CAW! :)

A Project to model the 1944 Carrier air battles of the Pacific
RAF_Roy
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Ships coming to EAW - Time ripening for CAW! :)

Post by RAF_Roy »

Anyone who has been at SimHQ lately knows of the exiting news of the conversions of 3d ships from PAW that Col.Gibbon and others are working on.
This and also some Carrier works improvements are sure to motivate all developments in the Pacific threatres.
Of course there is many other Pacific Campaigns projects going on, but I am sure many will come to CAW evenually to make a "Splash!" .. :lol:

Soooo, although stilll busy elsewhere, the thoughts of just exactly what to do with CAW are in the back of my mind.

As said before it may be good to try to break down the huge task of CAW as a campaign to more managable sub-theatres and releases.

But aside from a full decision and doing that;
I am thinking it could be done as part of the "Advertising" as time warms up to this project.
That could include a few "Teasers" to release as single missions..?

Well, we can think about it for later..

For now, or shortly as I finish a few things I'm working on (OAW)
I guess not needing an answer so far, but one reason I am thinking is I could start to get my skills working around making a few islands airstrips and targets ready - designed as much as I said previous with aim to be as real to the WWII as possible.
At any rate I will think about what I can do with regard to starting some edits soon on a limited area.
At least also then some files can be added for interest to those coming to CAW when they do, so maybe we can get some limited working Missions going and hopefully inspire them to work further on CAW.

All for now!
-S!
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Certainly Roy, the most useful work that could be done now is the laying out of the local target areas (tardata.dat). I have a number of maps of the islands etc. showing facilities.

I have an enourmous amount of information about the various carrier operations which I had already sifted down to show the operations carried out by the US squads provisionally chosen to be the ones involved in this campaign.

If you'd like me to make this stuff available, I'll put it in the FTP folder.
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

Hi Roy,

I will be getting on with the job of upgrading these low res models from the Col. and skinning them :).... the Col sent them over last night :):)...

cheers,

Pobs
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Excellent job Col and Pobs. I got the zip - such a variety!
Pobs

Post by Pobs »

did a quick conversion and skinning job on the Hiryu.... results :

there are some RS issues and the model is too small and needs resizing... but they are a very good basis for the new carriers .... this will save a lot of time :):)....

cheers,

Pobs
RAF_Roy
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by RAF_Roy »

WoW!
This is excellent start!
:)
-S!
Moggy
Site Admin