Guess what I found

A Project to model the 1944 Carrier air battles of the Pacific
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

fly,

we have new info on the placement of the moving convoys..... to get an interdiction convoy you need a 'shipyard' tmod in the target site and the positions of the targets are set by 14 pairs of bytes in the exe which we have now identified. It isn't clear yet how the exe chooses which set of co-ordinates it will select when you get a convoy, so your convoy may be quite a long way from the original target location ... but we can control them to some extent..... :):)..

cheers,

Pobs
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

My intuition from some small scale testing in the MidEast world is that if you select a flagged target (i.e. one with a shipyard) the game sends your squad to the furthest ship interdiction point you can get to with your indicated fuel load.

So where you get sent won't always bear any relation to the target location you selected.

Alan - did you see moving ships?
Pobs

Post by Pobs »

Moggy,

yes his pictures on simhq of this phenomena were definitely moving ships... and now we know why :)...

cheers,

Pobs
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Fuuny about the moving ships. I thought I saw them very early in my EAW career, and then never again until very recently.
Pobs

Post by Pobs »

Moggy,

yes I had never seen them until we discovered they only appeared in interdictions on the targets with the shipyards... now I can see them whenever i want, just about :)... strange isn't it :)

cheers,

Pobs