Using the Corsair and Kingfisher

A Project to model the 1944 Carrier air battles of the Pacific
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Using the Corsair and Kingfisher

Post by Moggy »

We have the Corsair currently in the P51b slot.

The Corsair was not a carrier aircraft with the USN at this stage, only with the British Fleet Air Arm where the tricks of flying it as a carrier aircraft were first learned.

The Corsair was however used by the US Marines Air Service to operate from the newly taken bases on the Caroline and Mariana Islands.

Doesanyone have any thoughts on using the Corsair in CAW? We could just leave it as a single missions aircraft, or we could perhaps drop a Marine squad into the campaign setup, but it would of course be land based.

The Kingfisher is in the P38J slot - what dowe have in mind for this aircraft?

Ideas? Comments? Anyone?
Wudpecker

Corsair in CAW

Post by Wudpecker »

No one has replied, so I will throw my vote in.

I say include the Corsair, even if it has to take off on land.

It's a very popular aircraft almost never seen in EAW.

(Players can always mess with the mission screen if they really want to try a carrier take-off/landing---and this is a welcome option.)
Pobs
Chairman of the Code Committee
Chairman of the Code Committee

Post by Pobs »

yes I agree, lets have it in as a ground based aircraft for now, we can make a carrier version for a later scenario if we want at a later date..

cheers,

Pobs
thetonester

Post by thetonester »

I know just the squadron...."we are poor little lambs, who have lost our way, Baa Baa Baa!"

just the 'Pappy' months of the VMF 214....september 43 to jan 44 would be cool..........

Just a thought.......T
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Once we get into making campaign files for this scenario, I must admit I would like to have a slot for a Marine Corsair squad, so I'm glad to see the opinions expressed.