Some hangar screens

The Swiss defence against Luftwaffe incursions
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some hangar screens

Post by Moggy »

Benn having a bash at some hangar screens for the Swiss squads this afternoon ...

Still trying to figure out the best way of swapping the four Swiss aircraft in. I can run a "Swiss.exe" to call the alternative screens for this module therwise using the Dunkirk world files, but it seems like the aircraft files are going to have to be swapped in and out (to restore the default Dunkirk setup) after use.
geg

Post by geg »

looking good there Moggy :)

hmm...file system bit..i dont know. how about something that say, renames the original files and creates the Swiss ones in, then run again renames the changed file names to overwrite the Swiss ones?
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello geg - yes, that may another and perhaps preferable way of doing it. The Swiss aircraft could be loaded in the main folder with the "S" rather than "P" prefix (also planes.dat and flt files).

What I am probably then going to have to do is have an overall "!940" manager. That will detect which module is currently loaded and if neccessary select the module being used - Dunkirk - Swiss - Alpes etc, and then make any aircraft changes. You then enter the Manager for the module. Don't want to make it too complicated 8)

The separate exe for each module would then call the different screens, and could also manage differently named savedata and even music files.

Speech is another thing I need to think about. The Swiss had German French and the odd Italian speaking squad. Perhaps I could swap speech when the squad was chosen.
geg

Post by geg »

rgr Moggy. sounds rather good :D maybe thats how campaigns will go from now..with a manager for it, and before start up you could choose the squadron to fly with, and load from that folder which could also contain the squadrons skin files etc :)