status report 1

The Japanese invasion of China 1937-39
FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

status report 1

Post by FlyRight »

This setup does have a new world map with cities/real bases plotted for a good portion of northeast china with its coastal area showing midway type carriers recycled by Moggy.

Last experiment concerning terrain determined that Wilsons "mainland"
version got the quick fix vote and does give the proper scenic immersion for china except its sooooo pixalated for me whenever flying under a few thousand feet.

Slots are at a standstill since december and just waiting on Tuma to finish some of that theatres key indigious craft still missing...the TB-3 and G3m2. I can post that final slotting later on depending on or whatever else developes.

In leu of no chinese speech, for fun I did a mercenary speech pack whereas you'll hear yanks, limeys, frogs, italains actually speaking to one another this time using the UK sound files and russians using the US files. Need to thank FreddyB on those speech documents he sent me, came in handy.

Some things needing outside help will be the 3 main plane menus and those tiny mission menu pics. Theres no campaign but there are 3 frontlines representing japans incursion into china from 1937 to 1939 if that helps getting anybody started :wink: Plus missing some prewar armor which may come about pitching from saw or the iraqi theme.

By early 1940 the russians were packing it up and the last frontline basically remained static throughout the rest of that war anyway and the vintage craft Tuma made became obsolete and discarded with lendlease.

Could followup with a short flying tiger career using the empty 1940 camp or even the nomonhan sideshow which was a setpiece battle between the soviets and japs in the mongolian desert...game still has lots of life in it.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

This is the China World:

and these are the front lines:

FlyRight
Fitter Grade II
Fitter Grade II

Post by FlyRight »

Peter we can add relief-editor to my resume now (hillgenerator seems to be a piece of cake for the eaw default map anyway)...so we'll eventually have those missing mountain ranges for this map. Also found the string-editor idiot proof for people like me which will cmoe in real handy to fix the rest of the text files...

Now if only I can get motivated to open up the paint programs...I think waw is forcing me to head that way :wink:
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Go for it I say!