Midway upgrade-Theatre layout

To upgrade the 2001 Midway addon
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

When you've done these atoll tiles it will spur to get the tile matrix done,

Uhmmm,actually,the tile matrix and terrain tiles are nearly done,you'll merely need to decide which base ocean color tiles you prefer(I'm sending a light and a dark),and populate the world...the tiles,and tm will be for lack of a better word....finishedImage
Shreckie,

these are really nice work mate ... well done ... regarding the tmods, as Moggy says we have pretty much an open book on them now... we can make any model we want and adapt the table to it

Thanks Pobs,been enjoying the change of pace from Korean terrain,and while you may possess the "open book" on TMODs,I'm still learning my ABC's :lol: but I'm blessed with good teachersImage
S!.....ShreckImage
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Uhmmm,actually,the tile matrix and terrain tiles are nearly done,you'll merely need to decide which base ocean color tiles you prefer(I'm sending a light and a dark),and populate the world...the tiles,and tm will be for lack of a better word....finished

Schreckie - you dark horse! Many thanks for that

:yes: :rocking: :beer:
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Here is where things stand right now.....
everything in a red ring(or underlined in red)is ready to go...
everything in green(or underlined in green)is incomplete.....
now would be a good time for any changes that are being considered,as we are rapidly heading towards completion of the terrain portion of this update/upgradeImage
As for the incomplete stuff,any Ideas kicking around?as in "ship wake tiles" similar to PT3 or? also any pics of the missing island/islets?
And now,back to the PaintshopPro8.10 minesImage
S!......ShreckImage
"Ask not what you can do for your country,ask,what has your country been doing to you!"
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Shreck,

Thanks for all this.

No surprises in store.

Haven't been able to locate any pictures of the missing reefs and Islands. I suggest you use imagination, spit and gaffa tape or anything else to hand.

Once you have this done, I can get to the targets.dat side of the operation.

Grateful,
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

almost done Moggy(really!!!)
should have it uploaded by wednesday eve(my time)
I'll have the new terrain tiles and tm in a single zip on my DL page at Roys,I will,of course,mail you the link(Woody too,so he can do his T.o.D. magic on it!)
and then its all about Korea for a while after that :lol:
interesting times we live in eh? :wink:
S!.....Shreck
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

Absolutely lovely work, Shreck. :D

I still maintain the seas are much lighter with light bouncing off....but then I'm prejudiced by the local Pacific waters and many tropics photos.

Oh--I am VERY interested in any changes to the ship locations on the tiles.
But I realize you are a busy man.

quote:
"If you want something done, give the job to a busy man."
Shreck
Fitter Grade I
Fitter Grade I

Post by Shreck »

Hi All,see my post on simhq.....
doing the BP tiles(I forgot to do them),other than that all is completed....
I will have it up very,very soon......honest.......really :roll:
thanks for your patienceImage
S!......ShreckImage

BTW Woody,per Moggys suggestion,the ship tiles are just water tiles...he'll have to do whatever magic it is that he does on them :wink:
Also,the "moods of the sea" is why I have been so damn insistant that you do your T.o.D. for the new Midway....some wont like my dark seas....and some wont like your light seas....I like the ability to change seas and skies per my mood of the dayImage
Wudpecker

Post by Wudpecker »

You are one busy fella, Shreck.
This and all those T-shirts?
Very nice work on the Pacific islands and atolls, BTW.

As per the "ToD" and "Weather" mods, I agree with you now.

quote:
" I like the ability to change seas and skies per my mood of the day"

Exactly.
Wish we could even have weather changes enroute. I guess we sorta do. Wouldn't it be "nice" to run into an unexpected storm?
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Midway upgrade-Theatre layout

Post by rotton50 »

Hey Moggy, how about an update?

I know haven't contributed much during the summer season but I was wondering if I should continue building models for this upgrade.
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Hello Ray,

Big delays here. First I've had to rebuild my XP machine (which is where I do my EAW work) after he hard disk went. Luckily nothing lost as all was backed up. Then shortly after I got it more or less back together the backup drives on the home network went, one after other, so I've had to re-equip and rebuild those. Not helped by some very hot weather here and stifling tempertures in the work room. Air Conditioning you say? This is England, we don't have it. Together with that a stray cat we took in promptly presented us with three kittens, so we're having to manage that with the two cats we already have. And ... I did my knee in gardening. So just getting over the hobbling, but waiting to see what the x-rays have found.

All should be settling down in the next few weeks and work should be able to resume again.
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Well, Ok, but it sounds like a bunch of whining to me. :crying:

I mean, how much work can SIX cats be anyhow? :twisted:

Plus if you banged up your knee, isn't that a reason to SIT DOWN, like in front of a PC for instance?

And NO air conditioning? Are you guys savages or something? :rofl:

In any case, I am about 3/4 finished with an upgrade to the Mavis. it will be similar in detail to the new PBY. Lo-res but enhanced.

I'll try to get it done this month.

Shouldn't be too hard as we only have four cats and A/C. :D
Moggy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Moggy »

Yep, it was whingeing and whining. :crying:

Re a/c. Sadly we are savages. Generally don't have enough sunny weather to justify it. :(

Mavis excellent. Look forward to it. :rock:

Incidently, we were at the local Headcorn air show on Saturday (last run of the Avro Vulcan, magnificent beast) with our friend Kate. Your name came up, so likely that when she is next in your neck of the woods. Kate will look you up for that beer. :getsmashed:
rotton50
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by rotton50 »

Yes, we had a nice conversation on facebook about the 2nd amendment ( Right to bear arms ) and pickup trucks.

I have both so she will have a good time if she ever gets here.